Wednesday, June 9, 2010

books, please

I sent my pages off to my agent and thought, well I ought to get back to that Nanowrimo book. It’s still having plot problems and they’re not going to figure out themselves. And then there’s that other project that I’ve started; I have a lot of notes and it needs an outline and I need to start writing the first draft.

Then I took a breath, and went to the library. Because you know what time it is? It’s reading time. What’s the use of barreling ahead when I still haven’t figured out how to fix my plot? Beating a book into submission isn’t always the way to go. And as for starting a first draft…the mere idea makes my head ache. Let’s read for a bit, shall we?

I’ve got Marked, the first in the House of Night novels by P.C. and Kristin Cast. Also Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl and Castledown, the second book in the Tredana Trilogy by Joyce Ballou Gregorian. I have piles of books, a library across the street, and another within visible distance of my office at work, so anything is possible. Let’s all take a deep breath and ponder that for a moment: when you have a library close at hand, anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment